GIAC Stage 1 Plus adds horsepower, torque and more throttle response throughout the power band.
required to run this calibration.
Quality intake, charge cooling and exhaust upgrades will improve performance.
OEM Horsepower and Torque
329 HP 325 Ft-Lbs
GIAC Pump Mode*
400 HP 360 Ft-Lbs
GIAC Race Mode**
430 HP 380 Ft-Lbs
HP and Torque figures are average engine estimates derived from wheel power and acceleration testing. * 98 RON equivalent fuel for optimum results. ** 106 RON equivalent fuel for optimum results.
GIAC DL501 performance software complements GIAC performance engine software and is installed in minutes using regular GIAC flashing tools through the OBDII port. Installation of the GIAC product does not require removal of the DSG computer from the car. This quick upgrade supports higher torque levels, faster shift speeds and higher limiters in your DSGs mechatronic to ensure you get the most from your high powered S4.
GIAC DL501 software features:
- Shift points raised to 7,200 RPM in sport mode and 7,100 RPM in manual mode (can not be matched with OEM rev limits in the engine computer)
- Optimized torque control for faster, smoother shifting
- Clutch pack clamping pressure raised to support higher torque levels
- Launch Control added to some 2010 model S4s
- Launch control set at 4,000 RPM (from 3,000 RPM stock in DSG)
- Torque requests and limits raised
- Remapped sport mode "drive program" with improved ability to hold gears and added overheating protection more info
GIAC's Flashloader Handheld Switcher allows users to switch between GIAC-tuned software programs with the touch of a button. The product is a pocket-sized,hand-held device that plugs directly into the DME port. It uses serial flashing technology and requires no additional hardware within the DME.
Switching is performed by selecting the desired mode with the touch buttons. Cycling the ignition will save the new mode to the ECU's memory and retain its state until switched again.